Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ragin' James!

Today was a busy day at work.  We had many distractions not to mention a taco party to celebrate the end of the semester.  While there I played around with photographing the food, but secretly I was pretending that I was trying to get a photo of a trophy fish.


After busting through the day, I was elated to see an email from one of my friends and co-workers Kamnab.  He was heading down to the Mayo Bridge to fish for catfish, and striper.  I made short order of packing up, picking up my wife, and rushing home to change before heading downtown to meet up with him.  I got there and the fella's had their lines out but nothing much was happening.


The water was murky and raging as storms were brewing on the horizon.


After being there a few minutes, one of Kamnab's friends caught a small blue catfish, then another, followed by another.  My line was rather lonely and feeling ignored.  All of a sudden one of his friends rods went off and a lot of commotion was going on since finally the prize of the night was on the business end of the rod.  With assistance from a drop net, the prize was landed.


I wish I would have gotten the name of the fella that caught this so I could give him proper credit, but his smile tells the entire story.


The sun was beginning to set and I had a feeling that the bite was about to turn on.


Sadly, I was wrong.  I went home skunked, but I did have a good time in a new fishing location.  I will be back because this was a very easy to reach location close to my work.....and who can argue with views like the one right above this????









No comments:

Post a Comment